Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ooh La La!

Bright lights, big city...I bet Paris is so beautiful in the summertime. At least I hear it is, the closest I got to the city of lights was this party. The other night my friend, Sonia, invited me to a cocktail hour/birthday party at the very modern Blue Velvet Lounge (in Los Angeles not Paris). The theme of the party- Parisian Chic (wasn't quite sure what that was at first). After some thought I figured Parisian Chic probably stood for the feminine ease of French fashion (capri pants, simple black and white, lace, carefree dresses-it was way too hot for a beret). I channeled Paris with cropped silk pants, a vintage lace top, dainty cream colored stud earrings and stilettos (that this picture does no justice-sigh). My girl went with a sexy strapless number and called on Paris' finest, Christian Louboutin (by way of 5 inch, string up leather shoe fabulousness), to add just the right amount of French influence. Here's a look at the fun.





The crowd gets down.










Huh? I'm not one to stifle a man's fashion sense, but I don't know if I'm ready for these shoes. Wow, and with all the the shoe distraction I just noticed the pants (yeah...no, I don't think I'm ever going to be ready).















My boy Boz gets it right (smooth, well tailored and easy on the eyes)!


No comments: