Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jump, Jump, Jump To It: Return Of The Jumpsuit

Okay, so lately I have a new obsession (I know I have a new one every week but get off my back about it will you). I'm crazy about jumpsuits (they're so simple, sexy and very Thelma Evans from Good Times)! A number of designers (i.e. Proenza Schouler, Burberry Prorsum) are showing jumpsuits for their Spring collections. However, this isn't the first time jumpsuits have been in the spotlight. I distinctly remember a royal blue silk one my mom used to rock in the 80's. I was also particularly fond of a denim Frankie B jumpsuit my fashion plate friend (Hey Ms. Missy!) sported in the early 2000's. I can hardly wait for the Spring collection' s jumpsuit options. Think how easy it's going to be getting dressed. If you can't wait for Spring, take a look at what Fall has to offer in jumpsuits. Will you be on board with this trend?


The Inspiration (the dream, cue the heavenly music): Bustier Top Jumpsuit, Yves Saint Laurent $2890




The Reality: Strapless Jumpsuit, Black Halo $390

























The Showstopper: Wool Tuxedo jumpsuit, MCQ $670

























I can't even handle these shoes!
Neon Flash shoe boots, Alexander McQueen $970


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who could forget the Frankie B jumpsuits!? I STILL looove jumpsuits! They are just so hot. Especially for the tall and sexy! :)
Lady Lewis