Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Update: Uniquely LA

I stumbled upon the greatest event at the last minute this weekend in LA and had to share. Unique Los Angeles is a two day shopping event that showcases over 275 local independent designers all under the same roof at the famed California Market Center (as in my beloved spot for monthly sample sales). There will be more events to come and I promise to keep you posted. I barely squeezed in on the last day with only an hour to spare. But mama works quick, so I made my rounds in a flash. There were a lot of cool items to be had but my favorite spot overall would have to have to go to Nicacelly. Each one of a kind piece from Nicacelly was eclectic, comfortable and sexy (just hot!). How else could one describe a low cut, fitted dress with an old school image of Big Daddy Kane getting a fade?









Love it!
























Nicacelly's designer, Nicole Markoff, holding one of her designs (which was the cutest jumpsuit ever that I refused to let myself buy due to the fact that I now own FIVE jumpsuits).



SUPPORT INDEPENDENT DESIGNERS!

No comments: