Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Are Overalls Over The Top?

Well, well, well...look what's made it's way out of the fields, paint store or from the back of your closet. It's the return of overalls! Now before you get beside yourself with nostalgic hysteria, ask yourself , "Do I really want to be seen wearing these?" I have my answer, maybe I can be a little help you with yours.


Ralph Lauren Spring RTW 2010
all photos courtesy of Style.com











Lamb Spring RTW 2010

The old one shoulder strap trick (*sigh*). This is only appropriate for 90's group Bell, Biv, Devoe or LL Cool J circa 1992.








Jean Paul Gaultier Spring RTW 2010
OMG, Rerun is that you?





Chloe Spring RTW 2010

Some poor animal had to suffer because of this?









Cynthia Steffe Spring RTW 2010

To be fair this didn't repulse me. I actually think it's kind of sweet and feminine looking. Certainly not my style, but a woman (I'd prefer to see it on more of a girl-21 or younger) could probably pull this look off.






My Verdict:

I'm a self proclaimed slave to the one-piece jumpsuit (shorts, long pants...love them all). But when it comes to overalls, I think they're best served on the farm.

No comments: