Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bare Naked Ladies


With all the heat approaching (or upon us depending on where you are) we will inevitably be faced with the option of wearing white or very cool, light fabrics like silk or linen. One thing to keep in mind-no one wants to see your panty lines or the little red heart pattern on your thong (at least no one with their mind out of the gutter). Believe me, it's harder than you think to find a good pair of underwear that don't show through summer's lightest colors and fabrics. How do we expect to solve problems like health care when I can't even find a decent nude thong? I kid you not I spent 2 1/2 hours trying to find a pair to wear under this dress. Okay, I had a couple of pit stops in between in search of a body bronzer cream to give me that Beyonce on the yacht with Jay Z glow when I slip into my swimsuit this weekend. BTW, how did I go from nude thongs to body bronzer (boy, it's so hard to stay focused these days)? Anyway, I did find a pair at Nordstrom (after having no luck at Macy's or lingerie giant, Victoria's Secret) to bad for me they were only available in a light peach color.
above left photo courtesy of myskins.com


Newsflash, nude for me is not a shade of peach! But thankfully after my frustration I stumbled upon some options. You can choose from 20 different colors in the my skins collection. Nude underwear in straightforward, seamless style. Grab a couple thongs and a bra too.






















On the body bronzer front, I didn't make a final decision but I had the girls at Nordstrom and Sephora made me some nice samples from Lorac and Laura Mercier. We shall see.

























Bonus: This one has a subtle coconut scent.

No comments: