Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dynasty Anyone?

I love the 80's with all its big hair, leather pants, neon, and Michael Jackson mania. I especially love all the inspiration it's providing for today's fashion (Dynasty could have very well been the 80's fashionista's version of Sex and the City). Many designers have taken a cue from the 80's to inspire their Fall 09 collections hot off the runways from Fashion Week. Dolce and Gabbana has decided to take the 80's inspiration literally by parading just about every model down the runway in outfits that include shoulder pads (gasp!). Are we ready to repeat the beloved era in such a dramatic way? Will the real Alexis Carrington please stand up. I think I'm going to do just like Nancy Reagan told me to and Just Say No!
(photos: Dolce & Gabbana Fall 09 Ready to Wear)

No comments: