Friday, April 24, 2009

Are These People Serious? Buy Your Dad's Old Plaid Shirt for $300

I'm a fan of the borrowed from the boys (aka boyfriend) trend. Just as long as there's something added to make me feel as if I'm not actually a boy (i.e. jewelry, red lips, sky high heels). The other day I was in Confederacy, a very cutting edge designer boutique, and eyed this shirt (photo right: Rag & Bone Boyfriend Shirt $290). I love my designer fashion, but we have to use a little imagination. Are they really charging almost $300 for a oversized plaid shirt? The next day I went straight to TJ Maxx and found this very similar plaid shirt (see below) in the men's section for $20. If you want to shell out the big bucks for this trend be my guest, but all these looks can be found:
  1. In the men's section (for any striped or plaid oversized anything).
  2. The boys section (for shrunken polos and blazers).

And with that said, have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

Close enough if not better. This shirt even has the button and tab to hold the shirt's cuff just like the Rag and Bone version.

No comments: