Friday, June 26, 2009

One Day Without MJ: Worldwide icon Michael Jackson dies at 50

The world was shocked yesterday with the news of Michael Jackson's death. One day later I still can't think of a person more iconic in the world as Michael Jackson. He was such a huge influence in the world of music, fashion and pop culture. I seriously feel like a part of my childhood was ripped from me yesterday. I grew up in awe of Michael Jackson: I had the yellow sweater poster on my wall, memorized the dialogue and dance routines from The Making of Thriller (I hoped and prayed to wake up as Ola Ray just to be near him), and nearly climbed into the television watching him debut the moonwalk on Motown 25 (I guess I should also mention the other poster on my wall of him and E.T. that came with the E.T. record he narrated and the numerous times I saw Captain EO at Disneyland). All I can say is, anyone who knows me knows how much I love Michael Jackson and my first Friday without him feels a little different. I LOVE YOU MICHAEL! Thanks for leaving us so many gifts.



























3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great! You did a great job on this one!

SouBelle said...

Thanks for this! Will absolutely miss Michael! Funny how we take people and situations for granted, right??

mara said...

a most wonderful tribute to our beloved MJ. thanks very much for posting these!!