Friday, August 7, 2009

Relax, Relate, Release

I NEED A VACATION! Not because I deserve it or there's this great Bed & Breakfast I've always wanted to check out. I need a vacation so I won't go insane. I need to take a break and I prefer to be on some fabulous beach while I take it. But the reality is, I can't just pack and up go whenever I please (unless I suddenly develop the urge to stop eating and no longer wish to have a place to live). No amount of shopping can save me this time. When the going gets tough, the tough (meaning me, you and everyone else out there who needs a break) take a mini vacation.


  • Take a deep breath. When you've had enough, a couple of quiet deep breaths can really take the edge off.


  • Act like a tourist in your own hometown. Take the day and check out the local attractions (museums, exhibits, etc). You'd be surprised at what's going on in your city.


  • Get away if only for one day. Grab a girlfriend, boyfriend/husband or just go solo to a nice hotel (doesn't have to be too far, keep it close-no more than an hour away). Just relax in an environment without all the daily stresses of home (and don't forget to have a great meal and a even greater massage).

Coming soon...

No comments: