Friday, January 15, 2010

Party Like It's 1994

Lately fashion seems like it's all about the past. For the last couple of years we've been in the middle of an 80's revival: from shoulder pads to leather pants. And everyone always loves a throwback to the funky 70's or 60's mod (think A-line mini dresses and knee high boots). But, are we forgetting about the 90's? With the exception of the resurrected grungy, plaid flannel shirt I just haven't seen much of a 90's vibe going around. It's probably for the best. I'm in no hurry to see my man (or anyone else's) running around in denim overalls with one of the straps hanging down. And I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to rayon at this point. One second thought maybe the 90's wasn't the best decade for fashion, but they sure had some great music. Enjoy your weekend!

Hi-Five The Kissing Game (I Like The Way)-1990

Love that song. Not so in love with the group's wardrobe in this video. But, that's the 90's!


Aaliyah One In A Million-1997

Another one of my favorites. To this day I still love this beat and Aaliyah's sexy tomboy chic look. RIP BabyGirl.

No comments: