Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shopping Secrets

I have a confession to make. I'm on a one month crusade to prevent myself from buying any clothing. That's right, no new dresses, $20 pair of designer jeans, not as much as a new pair of socks (I may have already messed up on the socks-two pair of $1 socks from Target shouldn't count-ok it does count and I won't let it happen again). A girl's gotta look though. I'm never going to stop my constant magazining (yes I made that word up), window shopping and one of my favorite pastimes, web browsing (what, do you want me to go into severe withdrawal mode?) The more I refrain from shopping the more I realize I can shop right here at home. I love the idea of rethinking the way you wear clothing you already own. Why not create new looks with the stuff you have hanging in your closet too? Try this:


Mix Sweet n' Street
Take a pretty dress (feminine sundress or something you wore to your cousin's wedding) and toughen it up with a leather jacket, heavy metal accessories or rock n' roll ankle boots. Instantly pretty and sweet goes street...
















Dress Down with Denim
It's always fun to take items that you typically don't wear together (or very often) and turn them into everyday casual items. Take the sequin mini dress you wore on New Year's Eve and throw over leggings and a top off with a jean jacket (if you're really feeling bold skip heels and wear with flats or Converse All Stars). Adding denim instantly takes any item down a couple notches...






























Pleated Denim Jacket $59.50, Gap









No comments: