Monday, January 19, 2009

Is American Apparel The New Units?

Back in the day (sometime in the mid to late 80's), I remember a store in the mall being all the rage called, Units (it later closed and revived again as Multiples). They had a series of pieces that you could interchange and form your entire wardrobe. You could use the same tube (or unit) as a dress, skirt, and a top. Isn't that just about the same concept of American Apparel? While trying on dresses in there the other day I thought wow, history always repeats itself (no need to reinvent the wheel). Units and Multiples didn't last. Do do you think American Apparel will hold up?


Use in its original form as a mid length strapless dress, convert it to a mini dress, mini skirt (regular or high waisted), long skirt, or top (did I miss anything?). Whew, now if this dress can cure cancer we'd be on to something.





comes in 13 colors
Use multiple ways as a scarf, wrap, top or whatever else you come up with. Here's the store's suggestions.




More about Units/Multiples here.

1 comment:

Dance411 said...

girl I used to rock multiples! i actually have one piece, I guess it is a band but I have used it as a head wrap and scarf! HA!! I found it at my moms house a few years ago and well being creative I found a use for it!