Monday, January 12, 2009

Somebody Has To Wear The The Pants (and boy do we have a lot of options)

Pants were all over the runways for Spring. This masculine option is all about the ladies this time around. You have your choice from any material from cotton and linen, to baggy silk. With the most daring option being the harem pant. I don't know if everyone is going to be ready to dive into this blast from the past. Our most recent visit from the harem pant was the exaggerated pair that served as a staple in MC Hammer's closet (please Hammer don't hurt 'em). While I will say a no to Dolce & Gabbana's silk pants and jacket duo (a pajama themed travesty), I think I'll say yes to the modern harem pant. Who's it gonna hurt? I'll stay on the safe side and rely on stores like H&M and Forever 21 to support this trend. Look what I found at Forever 21 for $15.80 in a nice jersey material. For that price I can take the risk and give them a spin. Does anyone think I'm crazy?
(right photo: Jill Stuart Spring '09)


Black Harem Pant $15.80, Forever 21











You can always make your own pants inspired by MC Hammer's (didn't think so)