Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oh What A Night!

Wow, what a whirlwind day yesterday. Only to be topped off with a unforgettable night. We officially have a new President, Barack H. Obama! I didn't get to make it to Washington, DC to celebrate the inauguration of our 44th President with the masses (and boy did it tear me up inside), but I managed to do a little celebrating of my own. I started the day glued to the television for the beginning ceremony and swearing in of the President and Vice President then went to a really nice celebratory brunch. There was good food, conversation, and more being glued to the television to witness history. After that I went to a friend's house for a BBQ and I'll say we Americans sure know how to party. How did you celebrate history?

...And what do we think about Michelle's dress?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Walking in the COLD to the National Mall and seeking refuge in the Mayor's office to watch the swearing in and parade. Attended a ball Tuesday night and Barack and Michelle graced us with their presence. He said a few words and twirled Michelle around for a brief dance...

Sooo what are your thoughts on her dress???

Unknown said...

You doing great! I have linking in my blogs as well!