Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Evolution of Exercise




Lately, I can't flip through a magazine, walk past a store or watch a television show without being saturated with the images of these toning/fitness shoes (OMG, a commercial for the new Reebok toning shoes just came on as I type). What on earth is going on? Joe Montana is all over these Skechers commercials looking like a fool endorsing their new Shape Ups (although he probably feels a lot better about himself after receiving his endorsement checks). If my man ever walked into the room in those shoes Joe Montana is pushing, I would crawl under a table and die (wow there's that Reebok commercial again-I'm not kidding). Honestly, those Reebok ads almost sucked me in. Then I thought to myself, "Where the hell am I going to wear those shoes?" Maybe you New York City girls can get some use out of them. Looks like it's going to be another set of lunges for me.



The Compromise: Fit Flops (or most variations of a exercise flip flop i.e. Tone ups, etc). I think I could actually get away with wearing flip flops around the pool or the beach without looking like a freak.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been looking for a new way to get a workout in my daily routine. Maybe my girlfriend will bless me with these amazing new exercise Skechers!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Those shoes scare me. I am amazed at the number of folks I see wearing them. I can't imagine that they would be a substitute for exercise. I once asked a lady on the street if she really felt like they were toning her legs and her response was, "no, but they are sooo comfortable". Umm..... Ok. :)
Lady Lewis