Friday, April 16, 2010

Polka Dot Hot

Happy Friday Everyone! Boy, I'm I ready for the weekend. I just wish the weather would cooperate so I can get in to full swing with Spring fashion. I'm still getting away with wearing boots and long sweaters (what's wrong with this picture?). Lately I've been toying with trying polka dots. I think polka dots are always a throwback look (so pin-up girl retro). There's just something so sweet about them. Just perfect for Spring!








Elizabeth and James Artist Polka Dot Shirt $245.
This sheer blouse would look cute tucked into high waisted white, or brightly colored shorts (like red or yellow) for a pulled together look. Or toughen up the sweet look of the polka dots by pairing with denim cutoffs.






I'd wear these shorts with sky high wedges (also cute with a ballet flat), a crisp white shirt, and black oversized movie star glasses (add a red lipstick and I'd feel very sexy, vintage, pin-up girlesque).













Opening Ceremony Swing Polka Dot Top $250.
Black and white isn't the only way to do polka dots. The neutral colors in this swingy crop top makes it easy to pair with other neutral prints to sport another one of Spring's trends, mixing prints.











Not ready to shell out the big bucks on a trend that you may only wear a couple times? Head over to cheap and trendy spots like Forever 21 and H&M to try out polka dot looks without the guilt and the dent in your wallet.



This polka dot romper is super cute and 58 bucks. Unfortunately, this is the biggest picture I could get. Look at the real image here on Urban Outfitter's site.

No comments: